Bank Reconciliations Assistant, Payables & Receivables
Contract typeFixed Term Full Time
We have a 6 month fixed term contract in our P&R team for a skilled and proactive Bank Reconciliations Assistant. This role will have the support of the P&R team and be based in our Bexhill office on the stunning Sussex Coast.
Members of the Payables & Receivables Team are responsible for processing payable and receivable transactions, maintaining various operational accounting tasks on a daily basis. They are responsible for ensuring an effective, accurate and responsive service is provided to both internal and external customers.
Your remit will include the following;
- Liaise with other departments to eliminate causes of issues and errors, acting as a referral point for the business and escalating through line managers when outside the role holder’s level of knowledge or experience.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken accurately, efficiently, within company policy and service level agreements.
- Ensure all activities are performed with adherence to controls, processes, procedures and deadlines.
- To accurately and efficiently prepare the bank reconciliations, ensuring that reconciliation differences are resolved and cashbook journals are prepared and actioned to clear outstanding items.
- Action various day to day task to support the wider finance community and any other accounting related duties relevant to bank reconciliations, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all month end tasks are completed efficiently, effectively and on a timely basis.
- Action corporate business to business credit control and ensure adherence to company debtor policy.
- Ensure that you are meeting customers’ fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers’ interests at the heart of how we do business.
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- Ensure that you achieve and demonstrate levels of competence required to fulfil job requirements
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (essential)
- A general understanding of Accounts Payable functions (essential)
- Experience of dealing with customer queries via email, telephone and in person (essential)
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes including double entry book-keeping knowledge (essential)
- Previous experience in Insurance and/or financial services sector (desirable)
As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload. Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English (essential)
- AAT or studying towards (preferred)
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 22 days holiday pro rata
- Competitive pension
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.