Catagory Supply Chain Manager - Claims
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Category Supply Chain Manager – Claims
As a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK, our focus is on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. Particularly right now, as we embark on a period of digital transformation in our business. Could you play a role in our next chapter?
Working across the Salvage and Accidental Damage category to deliver procurement projects and manage key suppliers, manage contract risk and adherence and drive innovation and improved value from suppliers throughout the supplier life cycle. An expert in their category, the role holder will develop and deliver ambitious category plans in partnership with business leaders, taking a highly proactive approach to identifying and prioritising opportunities, driving business engagement and researching latest developments, key players, innovations and opportunities within their category of supply.
and deliver against ambitious Category Plans for areas of responsibility,
identifying opportunities to deliver savings, increase value, improve service
outcomes and manage risk, working in partnership with key stakeholders
· For assigned categories, run procurement end to end activities (tender/auction, negotiation, due diligence etc. through to signing)
· Build a strong partnership with key stakeholders in the business, ensuring early engagement, making the process easy for them, with clear inputs, deliverables and acceptable turnaround times for completion of procurement activity.
· Liaise with legal to support stakeholders in a smooth contracting process, with key clauses and outcomes clearly understood.
· Maintain an up to date expertise in latest developments, key players, innovations, opportunities, market developments and regulation in your category
· Negotiate best commercial outcomes with suppliers which balance cost with service level, risk, tenure and alignment of long and short term organisational goals
· On board and implement suppliers, ensuring a clear implementation plan is in place and track benefits where delivered
· Manage in life contractual adherence, measure business case delivery and support identification and management of supplier risk
· Work in partnership with suppliers and supplier managers in the business to identify future opportunities to drive cost reduction, efficiency, drive transformational innovation or improve commercial outcomes
Supplier Management for key (tier 1 & 2 suppliers)
with accountable business owner to drive strategic alignment between business
and supplier base, aligning strategic objectives and defining the strategic
· Ensure appropriate supplier meetings are conducted, in alignment with the supplier framework, define the agenda, chair, minute and ensure all issues and remedial actions are captured and followed up on in a timely manner
· Ensure key supplier risks are highlighted and actions are in place to address them.
· Ensure Internal governance processes are carried out consistently for all key suppliers
· Ensure processes are in place to monitor regulatory adherence and adherence to internal quality standards and expectations of our customers and other suppliers
· Significant relevant experience in a similar role
qualified, or working towards CIPS qualification (preferred)
· Skilled negotiator with commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues driving negotiations to conclusion in a timely manner with attention to detail
· Data-driven, analytical and inquisitive
· Communication, presentation and influencing skills
· Highly organised, and able to manage multiple projects to conclusion in a timely and effective manner
· Effective stakeholder management.
What’s in it for you?
· A competitive salary and an attractive benefits package which we can share upon shortlisting, please contact email@example.com for more information
· Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
· 2 days working from home
· Car allowance of £5,000
· Up to 10% bonus earning potential
· 27 days holiday
· Private medical cover
· Flexible benefits
· Discounted Hastings Direct products
· Discounted rail travel via Easit Rail partner
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.