Contract typePermanent Full Time
Are you an analytically minded graduate, looking for an opportunity in a business that uses cutting edge analytical tools?
Or, are you looking for a new career path that will let you apply your academic studies?
If you have a curious mind and want to expand your analytical skills please do apply, specific claims analysis knowledge is not required, with a great team around you this knowledge will be developed and supported.
Hastings Direct are rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with within the insurance market, and we put our growth down to being agile, fast moving and being passionate about data and analytics.
The purpose of the role is to develop and deliver robust MI and analytical insight into claims and counter fraud performance, thereby enabling the business to
- Monitor, understand and communicate the drivers of performance
- Control indemnity and operational spend
- Target improvement activities on areas of greatest value
- Strengthen capability in operational excellence and indemnity control
To achieve this you will be proactive in identifying opportunities and solving these through a combination of quantitative analysis and business insight. You will also be comfortable working with senior stakeholders to both develop solutions and critically analyse the performance of initiatives previously deployed.
An inquisitive nature, coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential for the role.
Your remit will include the following
- Identify opportunities to reduce operational and indemnity spend. Create proposals and recommendations
- Deliver regular management information with actionable insight
- Identify and report on trends in performance across Claims and Counter fraud
- Provide ad hoc information and insight to internal stakeholders
- Degree educated, minimum 2:1, STEM subjects
- Knowledge and experience of using statistical software packages (e.g. SaS, SQL, R, Emblem, Python, MATLAB, Minitab)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Intermediate to advanced skills in use of MS office applications (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Power BI)
- An understanding of claims (including the drivers of performance)
- As a growing department, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function - it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging, so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- The desire to take ownership, apply your insights and make things happen
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Confidence to express opinions and challenge appropriately
- Excellent attention to detail
- Logical, problem-solving mind-set
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- A competitive salary and an attractive benefits package which we can share upon shortlisting, please contact email@example.com for more information
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
- Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.