Claims Motor Engineer Leicester
Contract typePermanent Full Time
We are looking for a Claims Motor Engineer to join our: Claims Department, based in our Leicester office. Responsible for utilising engineering experience in a way that can be felt by colleagues and customers alike. Ensuring we have sufficient control of costs in a positive & fair approach, delivering a straightforward outcome for both customers & colleagues.
· Champion the Hastings Direct Engineering function through being approachable to customers and colleagues alike.
· Be the dependable, vehicle & engineering subject matter experts contributing where required to support colleagues or knowledge management material
· Review all vehicle damage repair estimates presented consistently and in a timely manner.
· To investigate & challenge repair estimates where appropriate, ensuring adequate cost control is in place whilst achieving best customer & commercial outcomes
· Constructively support, investigate and challenge external engineering assessors ensuring the right customer & commercial outcomes are achieved first time
· Support, review and undertake appropriate audit actions on suppliers when required
· Help to grow our Engineering capability through identifying opportunities to continuously improve skills, knowledge & processes.
· Constructively feeding back to support appropriate areas, colleagues, customers & their representatives and supplier partners
· Ensure you remain updated on any relevant subject matter, achieving suitable qualifications/standing in your professional field of expertise
· Ensure the relevant claims systems & supplier portals are kept up to date, following internal reserving philosophies and ensuring that system data accurately reflects the current or known position.
We’re looking for someone who has:
· Desire to do the right thing
· Attention to detail
· Working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
· Working knowledge of claims IT systems (IS2000/Guidewire).
· Sound reasoning with a pragmatic approach
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proven experience within the Motor industry with either bodywork or mechanical knowledge.
· Must have experience of using Audatex and Glassmatix estimating systems.
· Telephone based work experience desirable
· Microsoft Excel, Word and Access knowledge desirable Supervisory/man management experience.
· Claims handling experience (Household and/or Motor) desirable
· Previous audit experience.
· Membership of the IMI
· Suitable industry Engineering qualifications desired eg IMEI
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks-
1 St George's Way