Contact Centre Leader
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Due to continued growth and expansion of our brand, a great opportunity has arisen for a talented Leader to join our team. As Contact Centre Leader, the successful candidate will engage, motivate and inspire our colleagues, to ensure delivery of excellent customer service to over 2.7 million customers.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Reporting directly into our Head of Contact Centre, the successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership and development of our Retail Operational teams. Working with colleagues to maximise engagement, inspiration and performance.
With no two days being the same, this role comes with great opportunity to make a real difference for our colleagues and customers, creating a vision for the future bringing objectives to life through. With a one team, one business approach working collaboratively with the operation connecting teams together.
This role is based in our vibrant, Leicester, city centre office.
Your remit will include the following:
- Inspiring excellent in customer service, through leading by example and providing clear direction
- Delivering effective communications on performance, standards, policies, product and procedures
- Spending time coaching the coach, to develop our leadership team
- Reviewing performance across teams, building upon strengths to continually stretch the leadership team to achieve top potential
- Implementing strategies within the contact centre that support delivery of excellent service to customers keeping us ahead of the curve
- Effectively analysing customer and colleague data to drive service improvements to optimise positive outcomes for the customer, resulting in first contact resolution
- Walking the floor, connecting teams together to achieve more
- Supporting implementation of change & continuous improvement initiatives to drive the operation forward
- A strong team player who works collaboratively with others to get things done, able to build relationships and lead teams with credibility
- Proven leadership experience, working with team leaders in a fast paced environment
- Significant experience leading teams through change and adaption, through challenging environments
- Landing and implementing change successfully, engaging the business on the journey with ability to measure the success
- Holds strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A strategic thinker with a track record in planning and delivery
As a growing business this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver and decision maker, who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5k Car Allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
1 St George's Way