Credit Hire Negotiator - Leicester
Contract typePermanent Full Time
The team is responsible for managing hire spend across the third party claims department. Managing credit hire and repair claims with a value up to £10k.The colleague is expected to manage a portfolio of newly reported fault claims and manage these in line with the expectations of the business. All colleagues are responsible for managing and controlling hire spends through robust negotiation, investigation and provision of services.
Your remit will include the following;
· Responsible for managing a challenging workload of hire/repair claims to include hire management activities, the provision of services and robustly challenging the TPs need for a vehicle.
· Proactively manage customer claims journey
· Indemnity & liability decision making
· Minimise the claims department exposure to incoming TP credit hire and credit repair claims.
· Maintain accurate reserves and proactively manage a portfolio of TP hire and repair claims.
· Protect the company against TP credit hire claims using, TP interviews, credit hire evidence gathering the provision of hire and repair services and challenging the inbound hire and repair invoices.
· Responsible for reducing the hire and repair spend.
· Strong understanding of credit hire and repair claims inside the ABI GTA
· Producing strong written TP and customer communication
· Referring litigation cases to the appointed litigation handler within 24 hours of notification
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
In order to be considered for this role you will have/be:·
· Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
· Customer focused
· Commercially aware
· Strong negotiation skills
· Professional telephone manner
· Ability to meet and exceed targets
· Basic understanding of the ABI GTA and existing credit hire case law (Not essential)
· Strong analytical skills
· The ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Demonstrated ability to make decisions
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
· Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
· 23 days holiday
· Life assurance
· Competitive pension
· Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
· Discounted Hastings Direct products
· Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
1 St George's Way