Credit Hire Negotiator- Leicester
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.5 million customers and employing over 3000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester.
Due to our success and expansion of our Leicester site we now have opportunities in our Technical Claims Department for Credit Hire Negotiators. This team is responsible for managing hire spend across the third party claims department. Managing credit hire and repair claims with a value up to £10k.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Responsible for managing a challenging workload of hire/repair claims to include hire management activities, the provision of services and robustly challenging the TPs need for a vehicle.
- Proactively manage customer claims journey
- Indemnity & liability decision making
- Minimise the claims department exposure to incoming TP credit hire and credit repair claims.
- Maintain accurate reserves and proactively manage a portfolio of TP hire and repair claims.
- Protect the company against TP credit hire claims using, TP interviews, credit hire evidence gathering the provision of hire and repair services and challenging the inbound hire and repair invoices.
- Responsible for reducing the hire and repair spend.
- Strong understanding of credit hire and repair claims inside the ABI GTA
- Producing strong written TP and customer communication
- Referring litigation cases to the appointed litigation handler within 24 hours of notification
In order to be considered for this role you will have/be:
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Commercially aware
- Strong negotiation skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to meet and exceed targets
- Basic understanding of the ABI GTA and existing credit hire case law (Not essential)
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes, with the opportunity to progress and develop your career. We can are also able to consider flexible working.
If this sounds like you then please don’t hesitate and apply today!
1 St George's Way