Customer Representative Bexhill (part time)
Contract typeFixed Term Part Time
We put colleagues at the heart of how we do things here and support their development, provide them with the skills and knowledge to do their job, listen to their ideas and inspire them to be involved within the local community. Hard work is recognised here, we celebrate and reward personal achievements as well our company successes.
- We have customer service roles available within our claims and retail teams. If you progress through to the next stage of the recruitment process, the recruitment team will talk to you about what roles are available. Whichever ever team you join, you will use your excellent service skills to ensure that every customer is treated in a refreshingly straightforward way.
- In retail:
-You will be providing exceptional service to new customers (or policy holders as they’re also known) looking to buy an insurance policy from us, helping to shape their policy to meet their insurance needs as well as dealing with queries from existing customers to ensure we’re meeting their expectations
-No two calls are the same and your responsibilities will range from making changes on a policy to taking a payment, or simply explaining in more detail to customers about our policies
-The role can be challenging, with targets to meet and you will be trained to take a variety of calls across the customer lifecycle; from sales, customer service and renewals
- In claims customer service:
-You will do the right thing for customers and the company in all circumstances, measured by net promoter scores, indemnity spend and claims expenses
-Our teams aim to get our customers back on the road as swiftly as possible in both repairable and total loss circumstances
-We encourage maximising first time resolution of customer claims and repair queries
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have fun along the way.
- Have experience in delivering amazing customer service
- Are comfortable in talking to people over the phone, with the ability to easily build rapport with customers
- Have strong active listening skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Are motivated to achieve positive results and reach targets
- Have experience and are comfortable with using a PC and keyboard, as this will form a core part of your role if successful
- No insurance experience is necessary; we will invest in your training from day one, and continue to support your development throughout your career with us.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive starting salary of £17,513 which will increase as you develop and progress within the role up to £20,225 (pro-rata)
- 25 days annual leave
- A competitive pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Access to our rewards database, which provides discounts for hundreds of retailers
- Other working benefits, such as childcare vouchers and health cash plans
- Knowledge, training and opportunities to develop within your role and career
Part time hours:
- Please note that our customer contact centre is open from 0800 – 2100 Monday – Friday, 0800 – 1730 Saturday and 0900 – 1700 Sunday
- As a part time Customer Representative you will be required to primarily cover our evening and weekend shifts.
- You can work anywhere between 15.5 and 30 hours a week
- Our hotspots are between Monday and Friday 1730-2100 and all day on Saturday and Sunday
- We’d like you to cover as many of our hotspot hours as possible but we will work with you to create a working pattern that suits you as well as the business
- Varying start and finish times available
- During your time in the training room, you will be required to work Monday-Friday 1730-2100 for up to 12 weeks. When you join our academy you will start on your contracted hours.
- Please note that you are unable to change your contracted hours until you've passed your probation.
If you are passionate about supporting with customers and are seeking a role in a vibrant, fast paced and friendly environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.