Customer Representative- Leicester
Contract typePermanent Full Time
If so, then come and join Hastings Direct, a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.6 million live customer policies and employing over 3,000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester.
We’re looking for full time Customer Representatives to join us in our Leicester city centre office. Once you’ve passed your probation you will move onto our colleague friendly shift patterns, where you’ll be working between the hours of 0800-1900 Monday-Friday only. Nothing after 1900 and no weekends!
We put colleagues at the heart of how we do things here. We support their development, provide them with the skills and knowledge to do their job, listen to their ideas and encourage them to be involved within the local community. Hard work is recognised here, we celebrate and reward personal achievements as well our company successes.
So, what will you be doing as a Customer Representative?
- You will be providing exceptional service to new customers (or policy holders as they’re also known) looking to buy an insurance policy from us, helping to shape their policy to meet their insurance needs as well as dealing with queries from existing customers to ensure we’re meeting their expectations
- No two calls are the same and your responsibilities will range from changing drivers on a policy to taking a payment, or simply explaining in more detail to customers about our policies
- The role can be challenging, with targets to meet and you will be trained to take a variety of calls across the customer lifecycle; from sales, customer service and renewals
- Use your excellent service skills to ensure that every customer is treated in a refreshingly straightforward way
We’re looking for people who:
- Have experience in delivering amazing customer service
- Are comfortable in talking to people over the phone, with the ability to easily build rapport with customers
- Have strong active listening skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Are motivated to achieve positive results and reach targets
- Have experience and are comfortable with using a PC and keyboard, as this will form a core part of your role if successful
No insurance experience is necessary; we will invest in your training from day one, and continue to support your development throughout your career with us.
What you’ll get in return:
- We offer a competitive starting salary of £17,170 which will increase as you develop and progress within the role up to £19,828
- 23 days annual leave
- A competitive pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Access to our rewards database, which provides discounts for hundreds of retailers
- Other working benefits, such as childcare vouchers and health cash plans
- Knowledge, training and opportunities to develop within your role and career
Full time hours:
- Please note that our customer contact centre is open from 0800 – 2100 Monday – Friday, 0800 – 1730 Saturday and 0900 – 1700 Sunday
- Once you’ve passed your probation you will move onto our colleague friendly shift patterns, where you’ll be working between the hours of 0800-1900 Monday-Friday only. Nothing after 1900 and no weekends!
- During your probationary period, you will be required to commit to a rotational shift pattern which will include a combination of days, evenings and weekends. During this time only, you will be required to cover 50% of Saturdays, 25% of Sundays and 50% of post 1900 finishes. Your working pattern will be provided in advance
- You will be doing 0900-1730 Monday to Friday during your training period
- You will join the rotational shift pattern when you join academy
If you are passionate about supporting with customers and are seeking a role in a vibrant, fast paced and friendly environment, then we want to hear from you today.
1 St George's Way