Contract typePermanent Full Time
Alternative Pricing Products (APP)
This really is an exciting opportunity, newly created, you would join a small but growing team with exceptional talent – true specialists in their field. Working on projects that can help diversify our offering in the insurance market, you will have an abundance of drive and determination, be naturally inquisitive, highly numerate and above all - be a lover of all things data!
This role requires extreme focus and a high attention to detail, as a result the team do work from home and you will be supported to do the same 3 days a week, with travel to our Bexhill and London offices 2 days a week. This role could appeal to someone looking for a change of career in an environment where your contribution will really be recognised, and valued, or a graduate with the below technical skills who is ambitious and keen to develop into an analytical career.
Your role will be tasked with delivering timely reporting and insight to support the Director and traders with their decision making. You will also source and build bespoke data sets that support individual trades. The overall aim is to help support the significant growth plans for Advantage Insurance and Hastings Direct and help differentiate us by being data and analytics leaders in the UK general insurance market.
Your remit will include the following;
- Manage the production of the APP Customer database in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all appropriate signoffs are in place.
- Deliver daily, weekly and monthly reporting to all stakeholders including Exco and team members. Regularly improve the analysis and MI to ensure appropriate new insight is achieved.
- Identify new sources of data, both internal and external, structured and unstructured, that could improve risk.
- Support the traders in delivering and managing new trades
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
· Knowledge of tools such as R, Python, SQL etc.
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
· Work accurately and independently when required & as part of a small project based team.
· Knowledge of pricing in the UK motor market.
· Awareness of UK motor underwriting and pricing. Knowledge of Hadoop related technologies.
· STEM graduate degree.
- As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- 3 days working from home
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, dental, health cash plan
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.