Data Analytics Graduate Scheme
Our Data Analytics Graduate Scheme is designed to give graduates hands-on experience and exposure to our cutting-edge analytical teams. These teams are some of the most knowledgeable and technically advanced minds in the industry and you’ll be exposed to a plethora of different technologies and be schooled by very commercially savvy scientists in a highly collaborative and supportive environment.
We are committed to teach, support and guide you to help you forge a career in this highly competitive industry.
Over the two years in this rotational scheme, you will take on placements in Data Engineering, Underwriting Decision Science, Retail Pricing and Retail Data Science. Each placement is designed to be hands-on. You will work on projects that make a real difference to our business. Your projects will involve machine learning, data science, data engineering, optimisation and artificial intelligence.
Our scheme is designed for you if you are passionate about data, have a hunger to learn and a drive to expand your range of analytical skills. A senior analytical leader will be your mentor along with a placement coach who will be your go-to advisor whilst you are learning on the job.
You will have regular interactions with leaders from across the business and have the opportunity to grow, learn and develop over the two years, giving you enhanced technical, communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.
About Hastings Direct
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It’s our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. Our business model enables us to remain agile, price effectively and to deliver refreshingly straightforward service and products for customers.
Education and skills required;
· A university degree, which has had a strong emphasis on statistic and data analysis such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences etc.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
· A hunger and passion for working with numerical/statistical data.
· An inquisitive nature.
· Experience working with analytical, statistical and data manipulation packages (e.g SQL, R, Python, Matlab).
· Some experience working with programming and coding packages (e.g Java, C).
· Self-aware – you are clear on your strengths and development areas.
· Ability to contribute to the conversation and comfortable with a variety of stakeholders.
· Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and problem solving skills.
Interview process & timeline in brief
· Applications reviewed within 2 weeks of submitting an application.
· Those shortlisted will be required to complete a recorded video interview, details of this will be shared with applicants if shortlisted.
· Assessment days to be on the 27th February and 7th March 2019.
· Outcome and next step appointments to be made 20th March 2019.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
· A competitive basic salary which will we share with you upon shortlisting.
· Bonus earning potential.
· Flexible working – the opportunity to work from home.
· 23 days holiday increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
· Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, healthcare cash plan, Share incentive plan – after 6 months service.
· Discounted Hastings Direct products, high – street retailer discounts.
· Employee discount scheme for large UK retailers.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.