Financial Control Accountant
Contract typePermanent Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Finance professional, to join our business on the stunning Sussex coast.
The nature of the role involves ensuring regulations are adhered to, policies and procedures are reviewed and updated and projects, such as GDPR, are delivered on time. If you have experience of financial controls and processes please do apply.
Reporting to the Financial Control Manager, the Financial Control Accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting the Financial Control Manager in the management and promotion of financial controls discipline across the company.
Your remit will include the following;
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Required skills and experience
· Good Financial Experience having worked in a similar role focussed on controls and processes
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
· Reconciliation skills.
· Ability to influence people at different levels with different requirements.
· Previous experience in Insurance and/or financial services sector
· Experience of working in or with audit teams
· Experience of using an accounting package
· Experience of working in a control or risk environment
Education & qualifications
· AAT Qualified and CIMA/ACCA/ACA studier, or
· Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA studier
- As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Eligible for bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, dental plan, health care cash plan, cycle to work, childcare vouchers
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.