Guidewire Platform Support Manager
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Guidewire Platform Support Manager – Hastings Direct, Bexhill on sea.
Interested in leading and managing a specialist Information Technology support team? Like working flexibly in and agile environment? Then come and Join Hastings Direct, we are a fast growing, agile, digitally focussed general insurance provider to the UK market.
An experienced Guidewire Platform Support Manager is required in our Information Technology team, where you will lead and guide a multi-disciplined team. And flourish in your managerial role working alongside senior management.
This role is based in our Bexhill head office, down by the sea on the South Coast.
About the role
- Proactively reviewing and ensuring that the support team meet or exceeds targets for all key performance indicators.
- Leading the team alongside external and internal suppliers to support incident resolution and agreed SLAs
- Maximising availability of core platform and integrated applications
- Ownership of escalating items beyond the Guidewire platform support team, through the development and defect fixing lifecycle
- Providing timely reporting of routine and ad-hoc team metrics to senior management and stakeholders
- Planning and securing resources to ensure the team’s capability and capacity requirements are aligned to support work activities.
- Keeping abreast of emerging tools, techniques and technologies to improve the team performance
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of a trusted environment that encourages collaboration, continuous improvement, innovation and motivation.
- Complete training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- Holds significant experience in a lead technical support, development, infrastructure, network or operations role
- Holds significant experience in application and infrastructure monitoring tools, Windows Server Technologies, Networking and Development Languages
- Solid experience in Incident Management, Change Management, Mentoring Technical Leadership, Planning, supporting enterprise systems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
What will you get in return?
Working with Hastings Direct, means you can bring “yourself” to work and be a part of our growth and success. Working alongside a highly talented pool of individuals who have an excellent breadth of knowledge.
Hastings Direct is an expanding company which operates in a non-hierarchical environment, thus in the Guidewire Platform Support Manager role you will have vast exposure to projects and senior management.
In addition you will receive a competitive starting salary, a £5K car allowance, an end of year bonus potential (up to 10% of salary), 25 days holiday + bank holidays alongside a great company pension scheme.