Head of Premium Finance
Contract typeFixed Term Full Time
Hastings Direct is a leading company within the UK general insurance market, with a passion for Data and Analytics fuelling our commercial capability.
This is an exciting fixed term opportunity for someone with strong consumer credit skills & core management capability to join a high performing team, within our most critical business area.
As Head of Premium Finance you will lead the function providing oversight and governance to ensure we continue to meet regulatory obligations and delivering value for over 2.7 million customers.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Reporting directly into our Retail Development Director, you will be responsible for all elements of product design, communication and processes including digital journeys regarding Premium Finance whilst ensuring we remain CONC compliant and other regulatory requirements.
Your remit will include the following:
- Compliance with CONC's Provisions on the collection of overdue amounts from consumer credit customers.
- Responsible for managing external relationships with premium finance related partners (affordability and debt collection partners).
- Ensuring Compliance with CONC rules on Communications and Financial Promotions.
- Compliance with CONC pre-contractual requirements - including but not limited to the provision of information to customers in the specified format.
- Compliance with HISL's implementation of CONC creditworthiness assessment rules.
- Ensuring Vulnerable Customers are treated in line with CONC.
- Compliance with CONC's Continuous Payment Authority rules.
- Responsible for the provision of premium finance disclosures within product journeys and documentation e.g. SECCI and consumer credit agreements.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated environment
- Understanding of consumer credit regulation
- Understanding of the insurance/financial services industry, its products and key regulations
- Strong stakeholder management experience, within a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Proven team leadership, experienced in building, motivating and inspiring high performance teams
- Ability to flex leadership style in order to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders
As a growing business this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver and decision maker, who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.