Head of Pricing Delivery & Insight
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Head of Pricing Delivery & Insight
Due to continued growth and expansion of our brand, we are looking for a mathematical and statistical leader, with a flair of pragmatism and delivery.
A great opportunity for someone with strong business insight and a desire to deliver commercial outcomes in a company where you can make a real difference for our colleague and customers.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Reporting directly into our Retail Pricing Director, you will be responsible for the cross-functional leadership of our Retail Pricing, Data Science & Implementation specialists, driving forward our organisation.
Holding responsibility for the production of and acting upon value, to create insightful management information. You will have an understanding of statistical and data science techniques and be able to translate these approaches to audiences at all levels across the business.
As Head of Pricing Delivery & Insight you will ensure our price changes are implemented accurately and in a timely agreed fashion.
Your remit will include the following:
- Attract, retain, motivate, and lead a world-class team of dedicated and highly qualified data scientists & retail pricing analysts who will execute the mandate of the group.
- Work collaboratively across Retail Pricing to ensure that we achieve our commercial delivery plan.
- You will chair the weekly pricing committee and ensuring that decisions made are fully captured, all price changes actioned and authorised and implemented in line with governance procedures.
- You are responsible for ensuring the control regarding price changes for all products are fit for purpose, meeting governance and regulatory standards and these procedures are regularly reviewed and improved.
- You will support the Retail Pricing Director in the Monthly Pricing Committee ensuring that the relevant MI and data is provided to ensure senior leadership have access to the information to ensure customer outcomes are fully reviewed and considered.
- Serve as the organisation's inspiring leader and strategist in the area of emerging trends within the market that could advance our pricing & commercial capabilities.
- Manage the outstanding catalogue of retail pricing and commercial opportunities, evaluating and executing them in a reasonable and agreed timeframe.
- Liaise with partners across the rest of the organisation to assure that support required from Retail Pricing is prioritised and delivered in an agreed fashion.
- Very strong business insight with a strong desire to deliver commercial outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical colleagues ensuring that HISL is able to understand how Data Science & Retail Pricing analytics can benefit them and improve their effectiveness.
- Mathematical capabilities including probability, statistics, advanced mathematics, and numerical analysis.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to grasp complicated concepts and translate them to meet the needs of a broad range of audiences.
- The ability to plan a 12 month work schedule and ensure appropriate support and ‘agreement’ from all relevant key partners.
- To make pragmatic choices/decisions to facilitate to ensure we are succeeding in a rapidly changing market place.
As a growing business this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is a key.
- Natural problem solver and decision maker, who communicates effectively to all partners.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment –you should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate an enthusiastic working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 20% bonus earning potential
- £6k Car Allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
78 Cannon Street