Head of Technical Claims
Contract typePermanent Full Time
deputise for the Technical Director and have day to day interfaces with reinsurers, underwrites, actuaries and senior members of the Insurer Services (claims) teams. The role willleading and inspiring colleagues in our high volume, Third Party damage and lower value injury teams. Delivering a refreshingly straight forward and easy to use claims service for our customers and direct claimants, our Head of Technical Claims will also be responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of service for claimant representatives, reducing indemnity spend across Property Damage and Injury claims valued at less than £25,000 and contributing to the success of all technical teams. Responsible for a budget of c. £3million and 140 colleagues, the Head of Technical Claims will be accountable for achieving claims metrics across a number of diverse claims teams based across two sites, including additional outsource support. The successful candidate will need to be at our Leicester office weekly, with regular travel also to Bexhill.
· Lead highly motivated and engaged teams across the technical claims environment
o Third Party Property Damage
o Personal Injury <£25,000
· Own and develop technical strategies to reduce claims indemnity spend in order to achieve claims severity targets
· Deliver refreshingly straightforward claims service to Customers and appropriate levels of service Claimants at all times
· Contribute to the wider technical claims and business strategies aimed at supporting our strategic goal of insuring 1 in 10 by 2020.
· Build a claims team and function that supports Growth
· Own technical development of all colleagues in the Technical Claims operations with support from Personal Injury Claims managers as needed.
· Collaborate effectively with internal stake holders including Customer Claims, Counter Fraud, Underwriters and Actuaries
· Own business relationships with key service providers to technical claims in order to deliver value for Hastings Direct
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
This is a senior leadership position, suited for individuals who are looking for a role where they can make a substantial business impact. Ideal candidates will have:
· Proven experience as a Claims Leader
· Significant experience of leading claims managers, claims team managers and claims teams in a high volume technical claims environment
· Significant knowledge of managing Third Party Property claims and personal injury claims within the MoJ and CPR environment
· A firm understanding of Claims and Risk Management principles and practices
· The ability to work at all levels within the business up to Managing Director level
· Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Up to 20% bonus earning potential
· Car allowance
· 25 days holiday
· Life assurance
· Competitive pension
· Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
· Discounted Hastings Direct products
· A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
· Ability to contribute to real change
1 St George's Way