Head of Vehicle Technology
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Hastings Direct, Head of Vehicle Technology (full and part time applicants considered)
The topic of emerging vehicle technologies has been popular in the motor market for some time now, and, as a leading motor insurance provider with the goal of protecting 1 in 10 by 2020, we have been busy getting ready.
Emerging vehicle technology is the future, and we are focussed on preparing for it, but more importantly, being prepared for our customers. So, we have a really exciting, newly created, opportunity for someone exceptional, a strategic thinker and game changer, to not only help set us apart in the market, but prepare us and our customers for the evolution of the motor industry.
Sound exciting? We think so. If you are a commercially minded senior leader, with a passion for innovation or technology, a flair for data, and, an inclusive approach - we would love to speak with you.
The Head of Vehicle Technology will report into an Executive Committee member, to lead Hastings Group development of capability linked to emerging vehicle technology, covering the spectrum of Connected, Autonomous and Electric Vehicles. They will lead a group of cross-functional colleagues to develop and deliver a high profile, future focused set of activities
Your remit will include the following;
- Lead the development of the vehicle technology roadmap and working with cross-functional working group on delivery
- Provide effective stakeholder management across the organisation to drive business benefit including upwards communication with Directors and the Executive Committee
- Develop external conversations: engineers, crash specialists, motor manufacturers, forums, networks, that will increase the specialist knowledge around vehicle technology across Group
- Accountable for the investment into a third party, driving commercial benefit, knowledge, IP and partnership opportunities to the Group
- Define and continually refresh the capabilities required to be “match fit” in Hastings against the changing market landscape and technology horizons.
- Support the business in driving commercial value from emerging vehicle technology short term
- Establish productive relationships with 3rd party organisations that are creating change in the industry
- Complete training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA
Hastings Group, a FTSE 250 listed entity, is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,000 colleagues. The Group comprises two trading entities; Hastings Insurance Services Limited (trading as “Hastings Direct”), a UK retail intermediary, and Advantage Insurance Company Limited, a Gibraltar based insurance underwriter.
- Degree / MBA, however relevant experience, and intrinsic strengths to deliver in the role will be as valued.
- Strong commercial acumen and evidence of driving strategy.
- P&L management – highly numerate.
- Excellent people leader.
- Gravitas and adaptability to interact with stakeholders at varying levels.
- Relevant sector experience would be beneficial – motor insurance or motor/tech industries are highly attractive.
- Understanding of emerging vehicle technologies.
Confident, positive and approachable.
Effective and engaging presentation skills both written and verbal.
Able to engage, listen and participate in small and big group settings.
Good influencing, negotiation and consensus-building skills.
Comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to identify risks and issues, ensuring they are communicated and managed appropriately.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home and considering part time applicants for a minimum of 3 days a week
- Bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.