IT 2nd Line Support Technician
Contract typePermanent Full Time
IT 2nd Line Service Technician - Hastings Direct
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 2nd Line Technician to join our in-house IT Service Desk to support and assist our colleagues and customers, ensuring our company operarates effectively and efficiently.
Hastings Direct is a FTSE 250 listed entity, fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,000 colleagues.
Based in our city centre office, Leicester, the role will be challenging but rewarding with varied with primary responsibilities covering:
- Respond to and resolve an appropriate volume of Service Desk calls
- Ensure all incidents and requests are accurately logged and continually updated in the Service Desk tool.
- Maintain, in a timely manner all assigned tickets - Requests, Incidents, Problems and Changes including escalation within SLA
- Initiate appropriate and timely incident and problem escalation to correct team / person
- Completion of scheduled operational procedures in a timely, quality conscious and appropriate manner, including running evening jobs, backup management and system checks to ensure high availability to all users.
- To deal with technology suppliers in regards to technical consultancy and problem resolution, and deliveries equipment, returns and repair.
- Provide technical assistance to business driven projects when required, in particular the commissioning of new systems / services
- Undertake assigned projects and see such projects through to completion in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Holds significant experience in Windows, Microsoft Office, 365, HP and VMWare
- Holds significant understanding in TCP/IP and networking technologies and IBM and HP Desktop hardware technologies
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office suite 2010/2013 and ITIL Service Foundation Certificate at V2 or V3
- Holds a strong technical background, with a logical mind and excellent attention to detail with a desire to learn
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
What will you get in return?
Working with Hastings Direct, means you can bring “yourself” to work and be a part of our growth and success. Working alongside a highly talented pool of individuals who have an excellent breadth of knowledge.
Hastings Direct is an expanding company which operates in a non-hierarchical environment, thus in the 2nd Line Technician role, you will have exposure to a structured career path with real opportunity to contribute and make a difference.
In addition you will receive a competitive starting base salary, 23 days annual leave, an end of year bonus scheme and a great company pension scheme.
1 St George's Way