Large Loss Claims Handler
Contract typePermanent Full Time
We are looking for a Large Loss Handler to come and join our large and complex loss claims team. If you have experience in handling claims of £250k-£1m, you’re passionate about claims and want to work for an ambitious and forward thinking organisation, then we’d love to hear from you. We are actively recruiting for a Large Loss Handler to join the team in either our Bexhill or London office.
The Large and Complex Loss team is responsible for managing
our portfolio of high value & complex third party personal injury claims
with a view to achieving the optimal financial settlement. Caseloads vary
according to handler experience but claims enter the department with a value of
£100k plus. At the upper end claims will be those of the utmost severity,
including amputation, brain and spinal injury claims worth many millions of
Your remit will include the following:
· Responsible for own caseload of high value large & catastrophic personal injury claims, working under own authority in accordance with set referral authority and criteria. Caseload likely to include claims with value between £250,000 and £500,000
· In addition handlers will have stretch cases in excess of authority dealt with under referral Caseload may include potential periodical payment settlement claims into the higher value bands
· Communicating via telephone (incoming and outbound calls) and written correspondence with policyholder, keeping them updated of all material developments, witnesses, Insurers, repairers, solicitors, engineers, third party representatives, medical experts, forensic accountants, rehabilitation providers, case managers, overseas handling agents, investigators, medical agencies, costs draughtsmen, CRU, Counsel, police authorities and third parties in order to bring about resolution of claims
· Engage in pro-active rehabilitation
· Attending joint settlement meetings, round table meetings or mediation
· Point of Contact for Advantage Insurance Company in relation to individual claims queries along with presentation of claims at Large Loss Committee meetings. To provide timely notification of reserve movements to Advantage Insurance Company via Large Loss Advices and periodic updates
· To act as a referral point and mentor for Claims Advisors, providing training where appropriate.
· Interface with relevant claims units and departments within the company.
· Authorising claims payments within authority limit and ensuring appropriate reserves are held on our computer platforms at all times
· To identify potential fraudulent or Fundamentally Dishonest claims
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It’s our attitude and the way we run our business that makes
us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers,
company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing
environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our
customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have
some fun along the way.
· Excellent problem solving skills coupled with a proactive approach to work.
· Basic IT skills essential including Microsoft Excel, Word and Access desirable
· Experience of managing rehabilitation regimes
· Significant experience working within the insurance industry (motor) in a claims handling role
· Significant experience in handling personal injury motor claims
· Substantial knowledge and experience of settling claims in excess of £250,000.
Benefits for you
· Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Car allowance
· Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
· Bonus earning potential of between 5%
· 25 days holiday
· Life assurance
· Competitive pension
· Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.