Part time - Claims Negotiator
Contract typePermanent Part Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Claims Negotiator to join our in house Technical Operations team on a part time basis, in our growing and successful organisation.
Your remit will include the following;
· Gathering information, working towards the correct liability decision with consideration to economic settlement
· Settle third party claims within financial handling authority to achieve the optimum claims settlement
· Identify potential fraudulent cases and liase with the relevant in-house teams to combat fraud where necessary
· Hold the negotiation between our customers, solicitors and third parties to the get best possible outcome for our customer
· Manage and own the customer experience for all customers, including third parties to ensure stages of their journey with us is refreshingly straightforward
· Manage and maintain effective relationship with both internal (Hire, Intervention, Customer Claims, Counter Fraud, Underwriting) and external stakeholders (Repairers, Solicitors, Investigators)
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Required experience & Personal attributes
· Previous Claims handling experience essential
· Significant problem solving skills with active listening skills
· Highly organised with a high attention to detail
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· Team-player, collaborative and flexible
· Good computer skills
The working hours will be part time, and require 20 – 30 hours per week. You will be required to work evenings up until 8pm between Monday and Friday and all day Saturday 0900 to 1730. We are happy to discuss your requirements at telephone interview.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holiday
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.