Contract typePermanent Full Time
- Developing and implementing applications and programs for the Product Change processes
- Developing and maintaining Advantage Polaris products (Car, CV, Bike and Home)
- Testing developed products to ensure quality of work
- Mentoring and support other team members
If you are skilled in C# or Polaris Development please do get in touch.
Your remit will include the following;
- Develop and maintain Advantage Polaris products (Car, Bike, CV and Home)
- Design and write programs that offer automated solutions to existing or new processes
- Using Radar, SQL, the test harness and any other software as appropriate ensure Polaris programs developed are an accurate representation of the underwriting product rules and tables
- Deliver product updates to agreed time frames
- Assess and feedback where appropriate the feasibility of alternative solutions where appropriate
- Undertake projects assigned to the product development area and see such projects through to completion in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Provide support on companywide projects
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Required experience & qualification
- Experience in VB, C#, Java, Python or similar programming languages
- Good Understanding of SQL and VBA
- Experience of contributing to the delivery of projects using structured project management approaches
- Ability to work independently when required, with little or no supervision
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Have a relevant technical or professional qualification
- Knowledge of Polaris and Radar Programming language
- Experience in Regression, Batch test process
- Awareness of motor underwriting & pricing methods and rules
- Within a growing team, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is essential.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all internal partners.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – applicant should be comfortable working within that setting.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and solid performance
- Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks