Contract typePermanent Full Time
We’re passionate about driving commercial value through data analytics, modelling and innovation.
Due to continued growth and expansion of our brand, we are looking for an analytical and innovative Analyst, with a pragmatic and delivery focus. A great opportunity for someone with strong numerical insight and a desire to deliver commercial results in a company where you can make a real difference for our colleague and customers.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment.
You'll enjoy the scope to influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Reporting directly into our Pricing Manager, you will be responsible for developing insights, to drive forward our pricing initiative and strategy.
With no two days being the same, you could be devising cutting-edge market pricing techniques for our new business generation or retention strategy, learning new and advanced non-traditional approaches, optimising our prices or applying state-of-the-art methods to develop sophisticated price elasticity models!
Either way you will be applying revolutionary methods to effectively bring to bear our prices for over 2.7 million customers.
Your remit will include the following:
- Ensuring that all pricing policies and processes are followed.
- Interpreting data and analysing the data to understand our customer’s characteristics driving purchasing decisions, loyalty and profitability, helping to identify the implications for our pricing strategy.
- Collating, analysing and interpreting a range of internal and market data to formulate insights and draw conclusions for our pricing activity.
- Employing advanced statistical techniques to model and predict profitability, loyalty and lifetime value of customers based on all relevant costs and income streams.
- Using state-of-the-art optimisation techniques to develop sophisticated price elasticity models, enabling price changes that efficiently trade-off sales volume vs. value to maximise customer lifetime value and overall profitability.
- Supporting the maintenance and control of our pricing, of Hastings’ Motor products
- Identifying areas for improvement for our pricing processes.
- Regularly extracting data and tracking key performance indicators to monitor trading performance and market position.
- Establish, manage and hold relationships with key partners and relevant peers throughout Commercial and other directly relevant business areas, understanding their activities and priorities, and the implications for pricing
- To communicate clearly and effectively to highlight benefits and limitations of pricing proposals.
- Aligning with all standards, as appropriate to pricing, from all relevant organisations/legislation (e.g. FCA, CMA, GDPR, IDD)
- Strong working knowledge of tools such as R, SQL, Python and Matlab
- Ability to present analytical results in a non-technical way
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Mathematical capabilities including probability, statistics, advanced mathematics, and numerical analysis.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to grasp complicated concepts and translate them to meet the needs of a broad range of audiences.
As a growing business this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is a key.
- Natural problem solver and decision maker, who communicates effectively to all partners.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment –you should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate an enthusiastic working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you:
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
78 Cannon Street