Pricing & Commercial Change Technician
Contract typePermanent Full Time
An exciting opportunity for a pricing & commercial technician to join and support a market leading retail pricing and analytics team, developing and implementing strategic price changes driving business growth.
Hastings Group, a FTSE 250 listed entity, is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,400 colleagues.
Based at the Group’s UK head office in Bexhill-on-Sea, down by the sea on the south coast.
- Ensuring all price change requests are logged in line with documented price change process.
- Updating of rate tables, routines and rate books following change requests, ensuring documented process is followed.
- Conducting scrupulous testing across various change types to capture any potential defects and reduce the risk of error.
- Reviewing documented processes to ensure they remain fit for purpose in a fast changing environment.
- Liaising with key stakeholders on an ad hoc basis to investigate any issues around prioritisation of change or timing of implementation, improving process transparency.
- Maintaining daily price validation trackers, exporting data, , updating charts and distributing to key stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will hold significant stakeholder management experience, with the ability to influence senior colleagues and leaders and have an aptitude towards learning new technical skills and tools. An understanding of the business and the general insurance market would be an advantage.
You will be results driven, with an analytical mind set and high attention to detail. You will need to be capable of working independently, accomplishing objectives in a timely manner and work collaboratively to change.
Experience in the development and implementation of business change is desirable but not essential.
What will you get in return?
Working with Hastings Direct, means you can bring “yourself” to work and be a part of our growth and success. Working alongside a highly talented pool of individuals who have an excellent breadth of knowledge.
Hastings Direct is an expanding company which operates in a non-hierarchical environment, thus in the pricing & commercial change role you will have vast exposure to key stakeholders across our brands and products.
In addition you will receive a competitive starting base salary, an end of year bonus, 23 days holiday + bank holidays alongside a great company pension scheme.