Contract typePermanent Full Time
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our brand, an exciting, new opportunity has arisen for a commercially minded Pricing Manager to join our Telematics team. This position can be based in London, but will require 2 days a week in our Bexhill HQ where your team and key stakeholders are based. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in a small but growing department where they can really add value quite quickly - leadership experience is not essential.
Reporting to the Commercial Director for Home Underwriting and Telematics, and leading a team of 4 direct reports, the Pricing Manager will be charged with the execution and development of the pricing, underwriting and data strategy for telematics, and managing the delivery of the target loss ratio.
We do support flexible working, and offer one day a week working from home, you are trusted to manage your workload effectively and efficiently, prioritising the needs of the business.
Your remit will include the following;
• To support the telematics team in driving commercial opportunities and delivering its sales, income and EBITDA targets.
• Lead the development and delivery of the Telematics pricing and underwriting strategies and manage underwriting performance, ensuring key milestones are achieved.
• Ensure that all pricing and underwriting features are both customer centric and sustainable.
• Use various techniques to make pricing recommendations, predict risk and control mix.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
• you’ll have extensive personal lines pricing experience with an awareness of customer needs.
• Highly numerate, comfortable with complex data and one or more programming languages.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills – comfortable presenting pricing proposals at Exec level.
• Delivery focussed – can demonstrate the practical application of your pricing knowledge and how you have added commercial value.
• Qualified to degree level in a numerate subject.
• Experience working in home or motor insurance.
• Understanding of risk and consumer pricing.
• Leadership experience, but this can be developed.
• Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders
• This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting.
• Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
• Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
• Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
• Car allowance
• Flexible working
• Up to 10% bonus earning potential
• 27 days holiday
• Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
• Discounted Hastings Direct products
• Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
78 Cannon Street