Contract typePermanent Full Time
Hastings Direct, Telematics Product Manager
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our brand, a new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled Product Manager to join our Telematics team.
Reporting to the Head of Telematics, the Product Manager will be charged with the development and delivery of the Telematics proposition and product strategy as well as the digital roadmap to support in achieving our business objectives.
You’ll spend around 25% of your time delivering enhancements to our digital journey to support conversion and improve experience, 25% of your time on marketing execution with a focus on directing our product to particular segments and 50% of your time on improving our existing product and executing great propositions.
Although based at our UK HQ in Bexhill, we do support flexible working, you are trusted to manage your workload effectively and efficiently, prioritising the needs of the business.
Your remit will include the following;
- Leading on product development to ensure we continue to improve our customers experience and stay at the forefront of market trends
- Setting, agreeing and executing the digital strategy, working with key partners to deliver improved customer journey and increase conversion rates
- Explore and develop new marketing strategies that drive acquisition through less traditional channels (e.g. social media, influencer marketing)
- Development of core propositions with a view to attract a range of key segments
- Use of MI to power your decisions and identify key opportunities
- Ensuring product and customer journey complies with all relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Involvement in all aspects of Telematics where required to support our overall objective
Hastings Group, a FTSE 250 listed entity, is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,000 colleagues. The Group comprises two trading entities; Hastings Insurance Services Limited (trading as “Hastings Direct”), a UK retail intermediary, and Advantage Insurance Company Limited, a Gibraltar based insurance underwriter.
Telematics is a growing market, rife with opportunity. The Digital & Product Manager role at Hastings Direct, will make a visible impact on both the development and delivery of this growing department.
- You’ll have excellent product management experience within a Retail based environment
- Experience with digital UX to drive customer journey and conversion
- Excellent communication skills with all internal and external stakeholders
- Development of propositions that have driven acquisition or supported retention
- Previous experience in a digital, marketing or commercial roles
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience of gathering and documenting user stories to drive improvements in IT and digital environments
- Understanding of insurance products
- Working within a regulated environment
- Trading experience within New Business or Renewals
As a growing department, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Car allowance
- Flexible working, 1 day a week from home
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.