Project Manager (HR department)
Contract typePermanent Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Project Manager or Change Lead who is accustomed to supporting HR projects. Reporting into the Group HR Director and supporting the HR Leadership Team, you will scope and shape a variety of change, deemed critical to the delivery of our people agenda.
This is a hands on role so a ‘roll sleeves up’, proactive approach is essential. Such tasks could include, but are not limited to, pay review, HR system changes, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion and operational performance across HR.
This role could suit a proactive and ambitious Junior Project Manager looking to progress and broaden their skills, you should have exceptional stakeholder management skills and ideally, an interest in Human Resources. A project management qualification is advantageous, but not essential, the ability to clearly evidence change management experience is of more importance for this position.
Your remit will include the following;
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Required skills and experience
Education & qualifications
- Preferably educated to degree level.
- Preferably holding a Project Management or similar qualification.
- As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, dental plan, health care cash plan, cycle to work, childcare vouchers
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.