Recruitment Open Event- Hastings Direct, Leicester
Contract typePermanent Part Time
You’ll have the opportunity to find out more about the company, look around our contact centre, meet our leaders and ask any questions you might have – all in an informal environment. There is also the option of attending a CV and interview workshop as well as a mini interview. You’ll be with us for around 90 minutes – refreshments and light snacks will be available on the day.
There’s no need to book an appointment, just arrive at 13.00pm, 16.00pm or 18.00pm whichever works best for you, to make sure you get the best out of the event.
Address: Hastings Direct, 1 St George’s Way, Leicester, LE1 1SH
Date: Thursday 25th January
Arrival Times: 13.00pm, 16.00pm or 18.00pm
Please bring your CV with you!
Come and join Hastings Direct, a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.6 million live customer policies and employing over 3,000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester.
We’re looking for part time and full time Customer Representatives to join us in our Leicester city centre office.
We put colleagues at the heart of how we do things here. We support their development, provide them with the skills and knowledge to do their job, listen to their ideas and encourage them to be involved within the local community. Hard work is recognised here, we celebrate and reward personal achievements as well our company successes.
Here are some of the roles we’re recruiting for currently:
· You will be providing exceptional service to new customers (or policy holders as they’re also known) looking to buy an insurance policy from us, helping to shape their policy to meet their insurance needs as well as dealing with queries from existing customers to ensure we’re meeting their expectations
· No two calls are the same and your responsibilities will range from changing drivers on a policy to taking a payment, or simply explaining in more detail to customers about our policies
· The role can be challenging, with targets to meet and you will be trained to take a variety of calls across the customer lifecycle; from sales, customer service and renewals
· Use your excellent service skills to ensure that every customer is treated in a refreshingly straightforward way
Full Time hours:
· Once you’ve passed your probation you will move onto our colleague friendly shift patterns, where you’ll be working between the hours of 08.00-19.00 Monday - Friday only. Nothing after 19.00 and no weekends!
· During your probationary period, you will be required to commit to a rotational shift pattern which will include a combination of days, evenings and weekends. During this time only, you will be required to cover 50% of Saturdays, 25% of Sundays and 50% of post 19.00 finishes. Your working pattern will be provided in advance.
· Your training period will be between 4-7 weeks and in this time you will be doing 09.00-17.30 Monday to Friday
· You will then spend up to 12 weeks in our academy before going live. You will join the rotational shift pattern when you join academy.
Part Time hours:
· As a part time Customer Representative you will be required to primarily cover our evening and weekend shifts. You can work anywhere between 15.5 and 30 hours a week.
· Our hotspots are between Monday and Friday 19.00-21.00 and all day on Saturday and Sunday. We need you to commit to a Monday or a Friday evening and a Saturday or a Sunday every week.
· We’d like you to cover as many of our hotspot hours as possible but we will work with you to create a working pattern that suits you.
· During your training period only you will be required to work Monday-Friday 17.30-21.00 for a duration of 8-14 weeks. You will then join our academy for up to 20 weeks which is when you will start on your contracted hours.
· Lead a team of contact centre based Customer Representatives
· Drive and foster a success whereby customer service becomes a key differentiator for colleagues and customers
· Engage, motivate and inspire your team, encouraging outstanding operational performance
· Lead by example providing clear direction and effective leadership
· Work collaboratively with peers, other departments building one team and one business through our company culture
· Ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements
We have only part time Team Leader roles available at the moment.
We’re looking forward to meeting you at our Leicester office! Please remember to bring your CV with you!
1 St George's Way