Contract typePermanent Full Time
The purpose of this role is to provide 2nd line risk management expertise to the company in the application of the Enterprise Risk Management framework. You will provide oversight on emerging risks as the business undertakes growth plans.
- To co-ordinate risk activity which takes into account regulatory change.
- To provide appropriate guidance, advice and support to the wider Hastings group and members of the group in the effective management of risk.
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance and senior management across the business in the delivery of the three year business plan, providing technical support and guidance to the company on the business risks that may impact the delivery of this plan.
- Deliver an effective risk management function, including the application of the appropriate policies relating to risk governance.
- Provide timely and accurate risk reporting to support and evidence the presence of an effective risk management function.
- Undertake robust 2nd line challenge of business risks, escalating and reporting to the appropriate forums as needed.
- Undertake secretariat duties for Business Risk Committee
- Support and facilitate risk owners in the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of risks through a formal review process.
- Develop and implement a business-wide education and training programme for risk.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Substantive and demonstrable experience of Risk management policies and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of the risk and governance process within the insurance industry
- Broad knowledge of the financial services sector
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and externally
- · Strong commercial focus
QualificationsProfessional qualification (e.g. ACII, MIRM).