Contract typePermanent Full Time
Fantastic new opportunity to join our Assurance, Risk and Compliance team, we are looking for an experienced Risk Manager. An exciting role, combining strong leadership and risk management minimalizing probable loss and reducing our exposure to risk.
Hastings Group, a FTSE 250 listed entity, we are a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK with currently 3,400 colleagues. Our Group comprises two trading entities; Hastings Insurance Services Limited (trading as “Hastings Direct”), a UK retail intermediary, and Advantage Insurance Company Limited, a Gibraltar based insurance underwriter.
Reporting directly into our Senior Risk Manager, the Risk Manager is responsible for gathering information to create management information, stress testing risk scenarios, analysing risk data and prepare reports to minimalise risk ensuring our Executive Committee understand any potential implications.
Your remit will include the following:
· Leading the first line business areas in the identification and documentation of risks and associated controls within the accelerate risk management system
· Providing regular review and challenge to the first line on their management of the risks utilising inputs from assurance and audit reviews, breaches and other loss events and other relevant information to challenge self-assessments where relevant.
· Develop key elements of the risk quantification and assessment process
· Develop and maintain risk appetite statements together with forward looking key risk indicators and backward looking key performance indicators
· Support projects as required
· Demonstrable understanding of risk management processes
· 2-3 years’ experience in risk management, including the development and implementation
· Proven ability to be detailed and results driven
· Understanding of the insurance industry and commercial awareness
- As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
- £5K car allowance
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.