Senior Claims Analyst
Contract typePermanent Full Time
We have a great opportunity for a skilled analyst, educated to degree level, looking for a new challenge that will expose them to cutting edge tools in fast paced, growing company.
It is a critical role, ideally suited to a curious and driven analyst who is keen to develop their project and leadership skills, in a company where they can really make a difference.
Hastings Direct are rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with within the insurance market, and we put our growth down to being agile, fast moving and being passionate about data and analytics.
- The purpose of the role is to develop and deliver robust MI and analytical insight into claims and counter fraud performance, thereby enabling the business to
- Monitor, understand and communicate the drivers of performance
- Control indemnity and operational spend
- Target improvement activities on areas of greatest value
- Strengthen capability in operational excellence and indemnity control
To achieve this you will be proactive in identifying opportunities and solving these through a combination of quantitative analysis and business insight. You will also be comfortable working with senior stakeholders to both develop solutions and critically analyse the performance of initiatives previously deployed.
An inquisitive nature, coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential for the role.
Your remit will include the following
- Provide MI and analytical support to Insurer Services leadership and operations through the delivery of:
- Regular management information
- Specific analytical projects/reports, with actionable insight
- Ad-hoc requests for MI/analysis
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve performance and solve these through a combination of quantitative analysis and business insight, delivering clear actionable recommendations
- Develop intelligent hypotheses and use structured thinking to break problems down, translating this into clear project proposals & plans with clear timelines
- Review the quality of the work undertaken, by yourself and colleagues, to ensure analytical objectives have been met and that the data provided is of high integrity
- Build strong networks throughout the business, acting as an advocate for the team and department
- Coach more junior members and promote analytical excellence within the team
- Actively engage in identifying and developing processes, approaches and tools that strengthen the capability and organisation of the team
- Effectively identify, manage and report risk within your area of responsibility
- Degree educated, minimum 2:1, STEM subjects
- Demonstrable experience within an analytical role (preferably within insurance or the financial services sector)
- Knowledge and experience of using statistical software packages (e.g. SaS, SQL, R, Emblem, Python, MATLAB, Minitab)
- Advanced skills in use of MS office applications (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Proven ability in owning and delivering analytical projects, structuring analysis and deliverables to ensure stakeholder requirements are met
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data, bridge data gaps and identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Power BI)
- An understanding of claims (including the drivers of performance)
As a growing department, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function - it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging, so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- The ability to drive forward projects and structure the journey to ensure stakeholder requirements are met
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- The capability and desire to build strong networks throughout the business, acting as an advocate for the team and department
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial acumen - focusing analysis on relevant commercial outcomes
- A desire to develop project and team leadership skills
- Logical, problem-solving mind-set
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- A competitive salary and an attractive benefits package which we can share upon shortlisting, please contact email@example.com for more information
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
- Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.