Senior Negotiator Bexhill
Contract typePermanent Full Time
We are looking for a Senior Negotiator to work within our Claims Fraud Team, based in our Bexhill office. You will play a vital part in processing new and existing claims, third party personal injury, litigation, technical claims and suspected fraudulent claims matters, through specialist investigation, negotiation with all interested parties in order to validate the claim.
· Working within a team to ensure performance, quality and service needs are met on a day to day basis.
· To manage the team’s claims and own allocation to the expected standard required
· To work as part of the Counter Fraud team determined by the needs of Hastings Insurance Services.
· To maintain and enhance effective working relationships for all internal and external customers.
· To ensure all work is carried out to a high level of accuracy in line with our documented processes and our company quality and compliance standards.
· To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards and regulations at all times including Data Protection, FCA and TCF.
· It is essential that a good understanding of Claims Fraud is attained. This is necessary to enable protection of the honest customer.
· Communicating via telephone (incoming and outbound calls) and written correspondence with policyholder, keeping them updated of all material developments, witnesses, engineers, insurers, solicitors, engineers, third party representatives, medical experts, forensic accountants, rehabilitation providers, case managers, overseas handling agents, investigators, medical agencies, costs draughtsmen, CRU, Counsel, police authorities and third parties in order to bring about resolution of claims.
· Validation of claim ensuring policy is operational.
· To ensure each claim is dealt with in line with company/departmental procedure/philosophy and within service standards through to settlement stage in line with personal authorities.
· Comply with the MOJ, CPR and Pre-Action Protocol when handling personal injury cases in England and Wales.
· Investigating liability where required, by telephone enquiries, accident report forms, instructing accident investigators, applying for police reports or any other necessary investigations.
· Making decisions on liability, admitting, disputing or negotiating split settlements.
· Negotiating settlement of claims within agreed authority limit or under referral where above.
· Making payments in respect repair accounts, hire accounts, agreed settlement figures in respect of Special and General Damages, agreed solicitors costs, rehabilitation and treatment invoices, own agents fees and own solicitors costs.
· Authorising cheques within authority limit.
· Negotiating costs were allocated.
· Maintaining portfolio by dealing with telephone calls, incoming correspondence and diary to ensure case is up to date.
· Handling scheme claims within agreed terms and notifying scheme insurer were required.
· Instructing, under direction from Team Leader or Senior Technical Negotiator or Panel Solicitors where proceedings issued and liaising with the same to progress case to settlement or trial.
· Registering claim with CRU, maintaining up to date Certificates, notifying of settlement, querying any inaccurate benefits and paying any amounts due.
· Instructing and liaising with appointed agents for foreign claims.
· Instructing and liaising with appointed medical agencies on both represented and unrepresented injury claims.
· Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers’ fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers’ interests at the heart of how we do business.
· Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
· Ensure that direct reports and self, achieve and demonstrate levels of competence required to fulfil job requirements
· There is an expected requirement that as the case handler that you will attend all of your counter fraud trials, which may be at any court in the UK. (Subject to approval).
This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and there may be other duties, within the remit of this position, required of the job holder from time to time. The Company reserves the right to alter this job description and will do so after consultation with the job holder.
We’re looking for someone who has:
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to identify inconsistencies between various documents/evidence
· Effective communications skills with external organisations to include other insurers, solicitors and authorities
· Ability to confidently use Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to effectively manage own workload
· Time management
· Negotiation skills
· Proven knowledge of third party claims handling (essential)
· Proven knowledge of insurance industry. (Essential).
· Experience with Fraud. (desirable)
· Good understanding of regulatory requirements and company principles. (Essential).
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks-