Senior Technical Negotiator
Contract typePermanent Full Time
We have an exciting new opportunity within our Technical Claims Department for a Senior Technical Negotiator. This role would suit an experienced Technical Negotiator with experience of handling Complex Claims between the value of £50k - £100k or a career driven individual looking to take their first step into Large Loss in a progressive, forward thinking business on the South Coast.
You will assist and support our customers when they need us most by proactively managing a portfolio of complex cases, investigating liability and third party presented quantum claims and agreeing fair outcomes within policy and legal liability. This includes maintaining an awareness of third party behaviours and changes in relevant legislation to understand the market place and handling approaches to provide suggestions for improvements.
Your remit will include the following;
· Provide excellent referral responses by providing coaching/mentoring for colleagues where required. You will provide support to the Coaching Team and Team Leaders to assist in colleague development using experience and knowledge and across the Technical Claims function
· Managing a portfolio of Complex Claims cases up to a value of £100k
· Gathering of information to enable early arrival at the correct liability decision giving consideration to economic settlement, pro-actively secure appropriate recoveries to limit business exposure
· Settle Third Party Claims within financial handling authority to achieve the optimum claims settlement using department and best practice strategies, whilst at all times giving appropriate consideration to avoidance of unjustified litigation and unnecessary spend. Ensure that any cases that are over authority are referred appropriately and within agreed timescales
· Identify potential fraudulent cases and liaise with the relevant departments to combat fraud
· Negotiating between the policyholder, solicitors and third parties to get the best outcome for our customers
· Manage and own the customer experience, ensuring adherence at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and Internal Processes and Procedures
· Manage and maintain strong effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure SLA’s and internal/external policies and governance are adhered to
· Overseeing Technical Audits to ensure that we are operating with the correct procedures at all times
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
· Solid experience in handling claims over the value of £50k
· Experience within motor claims is highly advantageous
· Good knowledge of litigation procedures
· CII Insurance Cert preferred
· High level of commercial awareness
· Passionate about coaching and developing colleagues
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
· Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
· Up to 5% bonus earning potential
· Flexible working (up to 2 days working from home)
· 25 days holiday
· Life assurance
· Competitive pension
· Flexible benefits (e.g. buy or sell additional holiday)
· Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.