Contract typePermanent Full Time
Are you a Solution Architect looking for their next challenge? We have an exciting new opportunity to join our fast paced and dynamic IT Delivery team in Bexhill. If you have worked on Guidewire before please get in touch as we would love to have an informal chat.
About the role
· To assist with solution design, development and quality assurance processes across all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
· Provide technical guidance and development activities to internal teams, colleagues and external partners to support the IT strategy and organisational change programme
· Participate in the definition and approval of all solution architectures across all internal design authority groups.
· Identify and select the implementation of new tools, processes and technologies.
· Maintain a good understanding of industry and technology trends, influencing internal and external partner product roadmaps to support the business and IT change plans. Deliver technical and business proof of concepts as required.
· Ensure IT risk and quality management policies and processes are defined, embedded and monitored across IT change activities.
· Review processes and procedures, identifying and delivering improvements across the change and software development life-cycle.
· Support internal training and career development plans and recruitment to ensure technical capabilities and skills are in-line with required need.
· Solution design and technical guidance to internal IT teams and external partner
· Design and development of IT solutions to agreed requirements and quality measure.
· Monitoring of IT risk and quality management processes across the change and software development lifecycle
· Guide on internal and external product roadmaps to support business and IT change plans
· 8+ years of experience in designing, developing and delivering a diverse range of IT solutions
· Strong influencing and decision making skills
· Excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills.
· Strong prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
· An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
What will you get in return?
Hastings will provide you with initial training across our core platform (Guidewire) and associated technologies and be assigned a “buddy” to provide mentoring and support within your allocated agile team.
Working with Hastings Direct, means you can bring “yourself” to work and be a part of our growth and success. Working alongside our expert IT Leadership team in a dynamic, fun and friendly environment!
In return you will receive a competitive starting salary, a £5K car allowance, an end of year bonus potential (up to 10% of salary), 27 days holiday + bank holidays alongside an excellent company pension scheme.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
The closing date for this role is the 4th of June 2019