Solution Architect- End User Computing
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our brand, an exciting and new opportunity has arisen for a Solution Architect to join our dynamic and fast paced IT team. As a Solution Architect, you will be leading consistency of end to end technology solutions in order to support the company’s technology strategy.
This role would suit someone who is a subject matter expert in End User Computing, and able to engage a variety of business stakeholders at all levels to understand there propositions and ensure that solutions which are developed and implemented are fit for purpose and fit for use. This position is based on the South Coast in Bexhill or at our London Cannon Street office. Flexible working is an option once you have become established.
Reporting to the Technology Director, the Solution Architect will define, maintain and ensure the integrity and consistency of end to end technology solutions to deliver the Hastings Technology strategy ensuring alignment to enterprise architecture, policies and standards. You will be a subject matter expert in End User Computing (EUC) and Collaboration architectures and implementations, particularly with the Microsoft technology Stack to deliver a Digital Workplace environment.
Your remit will include the following;
• Providing proactive technology solution support in the analysis, design, planning, and implementation across all EUC platforms.
• Being the technical lead for the delivery of End User Compute programs across the various EUC technologies such as Mobility, Office 365, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Windows 10, Workstation Imaging, Application packaging and distribution, workstation management and Identity and security
• Maintaining knowledge of EUC infrastructure architecture, standards and practices and consistently applying this to the Hastings technology environment
• Determine and create a solution architecture and design to effectively meet requirements and costs while maintaining the integrity of the technology strategy and enterprise architecture roadmap and standards
• Undertaking analysis of technology solution options and associated costs and risks
• Conducting gap analysis, and proof of concepts for new solutions, as appropriate
• Identifying issues and risks and lead their resolution as required
• Clearly communicating solution designs, key design decisions and approaches to interested parties, stakeholders, project bodies and relevant governance / assurance forums including the Hastings Technical Design Authority (TDA)
• Overseeing solution development including hand-on implementation engagement as needed
• Applying knowledge of technology options and surveying external market landscape for solution insights, direction, and vendors, as required
• Ensuring design efforts are aligned with and driven to deliver business value, strategy and goals, within cost constraints
• Providing input into project and resource plans and support business case production
• Ensuring the solutions developed and deployed are fit for purpose and fit for use, meet the business requirements and adhere to quality standards.
• Experience as an End User Compute Architect
• Extensive experience of design and implementation of End User Computing and mobility solutions and technologies
• Strong expertise in the Microsoft stack including Windows 7 and 10, and O365 Enterprise product suites
• Proven demonstrable knowledge of designing and running MS O365 migrations including hybrid configurations
• Proven demonstrable knowledge of designing and running MS Windows 10 migrations
• Experienced in the design and implementation of Citrix EUC environments including DR
• Excellent technical knowledge of Virtual Desktop solutions e.g. Citrix, App V and Mobile Device Management e.g. Airwatch
• Strong technical knowledge of Directory Services (LDAP, Active Directory)
• Strong understanding of broader Data Centre technologies (Server, Storage, Server Virtualisation etc.)
• Knowledge of architecture frameworks and methods such as TOGAF and the ability to develop and maintain personal architectural knowledge, skills and abilities
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we have to offer here at Hastings Direct;
• Competitive basic salary which will be shared with you upon short listing, but do feel free to email the recruitment team for more information in advance of your application- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Car allowance
• Up to 10% bonus
• Flexible and remote working opportunities
• 27 days holiday
• Private medical
• Life assurance
• Competitive pension
• Flexible benefits- buy or sell holidays, dental, health care cash plan
• Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.