Supplier Relationship Manager - Claims
Contract typePermanent Full Time
We have a number of fantastic new opportunities within our Procurement & Supply Chain division for a Supplier Relationship Manager, particularly within our Claims department. We are looking for individuals with category experience in either an operational delivery or supplier management role with extensive experience in driving continuous improvement, alongside a strong commercial understanding.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Management for Claims, you will be accountable for supplier management and strategic leadership of one category of claims supply chain spend (categories include repair, credit hire, salvage & engineering or our legal panel). You will look to drive the agenda on Supplier Relationship Management and deliver value across your claims category, ensuring delivery of supplier performance and customer objectives, as well as robust supplier management and governance in line with policy.
You will work collaboratively with supplier partners and internal stakeholders to continuously improve business performance by implementation of new ideas. Developing relationships with senior stakeholders, their suppliers and across the industry you will need to have exceptional stakeholder management skills alongside extensive experience working alongside the business to deliver projects at speed.
Your remit will include the following;
· Lead the conversation around management of your category, thinking strategically, tactically and operationally to get the most out of the relationship
· Oversee relationships with all suppliers within the assigned category, directly managing suppliers through the entire procurement and SRM lifecycle in line with SRM & Procurement policy
· Proactively engage with and influence both the business and suppliers to deliver creative and intelligent initiatives that increase value for both the business and supplier base
· Closely monitor and manage supplier performance, addressing internal or external issues as they arise and conducting regular engagement, at a variety of levels with suppliers
· Meet all regulatory, governance and internal compliance requirements of our supplier relationship management activities
· Delivery of value additive, well controlled and robust procurement processes aligned to business need
· Proactively engage with internal stakeholders, leveraging research and your experience, to build a pipeline of opportunities
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
· Category experience – either in an operational delivery or supplier management role
· Clear proven experience in driving continuous improvement
· Strong commercial understanding
· Demonstrated history of influencing business change
· Experience of building and managing relations with key stakeholders both externally and internally
· Experience in a supplier management or procurement role highly desirable
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
· Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Flexible working opportunities (i.e. multi site working or home working) – with offices based in Bexhill, London and Leicester
· Up to 10% bonus earning potential
· 27 days holiday
· Life assurance
· Competitive pension
· Flexible benefits (e.g. buy or sell additional holiday)
· Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.