Technical Claims Team Leader
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Are you passionate about leadership? Do you have the skills to grow people and drive performance? Are you looking to be part of an ambitious, rewarding and vibrant working environment?
We have a fantastic opportunity within our fast-paced Technical Claims department for an experienced Team Leader. An insurance background is not essential but we would like you to have exposure in a contact centre or financial services environment. This role reports into the Claims Manager and would suit a strong people-orientated Team Leader looking for a fresh challenge in a dynamic, forward thinking business on the South Coast.
As a Technical Claims Team Leader you will engage, motivate and inspire our colleagues, whilst nurturing our internal talent and driving team and company performance. You will lead by example by providing clear direction and effective leadership. The successful candidate will instill a service culture that enables and empowers your team to go above and beyond every time. As there is a lot of focus within this department, you will have a real opportunity to create an impact.
Your remit will include the following;
· Looking after a team of up to 12 Technical Claims Negotiators
· Holding regular one-to-ones and performance development reviews
· Dedicating time to coaching, supporting and developing team members
· Driving and optimising team performance
· Ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements
· Sickness and absence management
· Development and enhancement of the customer journey
· Handling complex claims queries
· Work collaboratively with peers and other departments to build a one team, one business approach
· Grow in knowledge about our business and industry
· Support with recruitment in line with business needs
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
· Previous leadership experience within a contact centre or financial services sector
· Knowledge of Technical Claims would be beneficial (but not essential)
· The ability to influence, motivate and inspire colleagues
· Experience in using team performance management techniques
· Time management, problem solving and organisational skills
· Team facilitation and meeting management skills
· Passionate about developing talent
· Strong people management ability
· Commercial awareness
· Passionate about providing an excellent customer journey
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
· Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
· Up to 5% bonus earning potential
· 25 days holiday
· Life assurance
· Competitive pension
· Flexible benefits (e.g. buy or sell additional holiday)
· Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.