Trader, Alternative Pricing
Contract typePermanent Full Time
Alternative Pricing Products (APP)
This really is an exciting opportunity, newly created, you would join a small but growing team with exceptional talent – true specialists in their field. You will have the autonomy to build and own your own account, making and managing a series of trades.
This role would suit a highly technical individual, someone who is a confident communicator, has a naturally inquisitive nature, is extremely driven and works really well remotely.
You would travel to our London or Bexhill office once a week, and work very closely with the Data Analyst in the team.
Working in a small team, with other colleagues from the Alternative Pricing Department you will be making and managing a series of trades. These trades will identify customers we want to insure based on new data, new methods and analytical techniques. You will also source and build bespoke data sets that support individual trades. The overall aim is to deliver profitable volume and income to support the significant growth plans for Advantage Insurance and Hastings Direct and help differentiate us by being data and analytics leaders in the UK general insurance market.
Your remit will include the following;
- Identify new data, methods or analytical techniques to create 10-20 trades and then manage those trades to deliver profitable growth
- Demonstrate an ability to work quickly and accurately to seize opportunities and to take action to resolve potential unprofitability.
- Clearly articulate the reasons for decisions associated with your trades, gaining the appropriate signoffs
- Share ideas and support other traders with developing and managing their trades
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- Knowledge of Hadoop related technologies
- Knowledge of pricing in the UK motor market
- Awareness of UK motor underwriting and pricing
- STEM related degree
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Car allowance
- 10% bonus
- 4 days working from home
- 27 days holiday
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, dental, health cash plan
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
78 Cannon Street